Last Updated on September 10, 2021 by Rashid Hassan
Whether you have to free up storage space on your device or you need to save its battery life or you need to optimize the performance, deleting unneeded apps from your device is one of the best and easiest ways to clean up your digital space.
However, sometimes it may be difficult as the method of removing an app varies from device to device you are using. And there is no single common way that can be applied to every device for removing unneeded apps.
So without further delay let’s start.
How to Delete Apps on an iPhone/iPad
Before deleting any of the apps, the most common question that pops into every user’s mind is what apps can I delete to free up space on my device. So the answer to this question is quite simple and it is that you should delete all the apps which you do not need anymore, also delete all the apps that have now become obsolete and the developer hasn’t provided an update for it for ages.
Also, if you are running out of space, then you should consider offloading all such apps that you have used months back and there is no possibility to use it again in coming months. As offloading will keep the app data accessible whenever you re-download it in the future.
So, now since you have got the answer to your question, let’s check out how to delete apps on an iPhone and iPad.
- Go to your iPhone/iPad Home screen, and then press and hold the app you want to delete.
- Once you long-press the app, you will get the option of “Remove app”.
- Next, select the Delete app option. That’s it, your app will be deleted. This will also delete/remove the data associated with the app.
- If you have iOS 14 or later then you also have an additional option to hide the app from your home screen and save it in the app library. However, this will not free up the space.
Note: The process of deleting apps on an iPad is similar to that on an iPhone. But instead of selecting the option of “Remove App,” select the option, “Delete App.
If you wish to free up space on your iCloud account as well then navigate to the Settings app of your iPhone/iPad. Next, select your name > tap on iCloud > Manage Storage.
Now go to the Backups section, that will show the complete list of your apps. Select the app that you want to delete.
How to Remove Application from Mac
To remove an application from a Mac, Launchpad is the easiest way. To delete an app using Launchpad follow the steps given below:
- Click on the Launchpad icon located on the dock of your Mac.
- Now, click and hold the App that you want to delete until it starts shaking.
- Click on the X icon located at the top-left corner of the app icon.
- Now, on the prompt that appears click on the Delete button to remove that application from your mac.
How to Delete Apps on Windows 10
Deleting an application in Windows 10 is also a straightforward task. So, here are the steps on how to uninstall a program on Windows 10:
- Open Windows Settings app.
- Next go to the “Apps & Features page.
- Now on the Apps & Features page, select the desired app from the right pane and click on the Uninstall button.
- On the prompt that appears again click on the Uninstall button to remove the application from your Windows 10 computer.
How to Delete apps on Android Phones
- On your Home screen, tap and hold the app you want to remove.
- Now while long pressing and holding the app, drag it to the “Uninstall” text along with the Trash icon which appears at the top of the screen.
- Next, release the hold of the long press of the app at the Trash icon.
- This will remove the app permanently from your device.
How to Delete Apps on Apple TV
So, you have got a new Apple TV but don’t know how to delete an app. No need to worry, as here the simple steps that you can follow to delete any app on your Apple TV.
- On the home screen, scroll to the desired app that you wish to remove.
- Now with the help of your TV remote, press in the middle of the touchpad of your remote.
- Once you long press it, the app will start to vibrate.
- Next, press the play/pause button, which will open the menu to delete the app.
- Now, from the menu, select the option “Delete the app”.
How to Delete Apps on a Chromebook
Deleting any of the apps on a Chromebook is also simple and can be done just by following the steps given below:
- Select and open the launcher.
- Next, right-click on the app that you wish to remove. This will open a dropdown menu.
- Now from the drop-down menu select the option “Uninstall” or “Remove from Chrome.”
Most people have a question, does deleting apps free storage? So the answer to this question is a big Yes. Yes, deleting an app frees up a commendable amount of storage on your device depending on the app data and other user data it has accumulated.
Therefore, if you delete 10-12 apps then you can regain a noticeable amount of free storage on your device. So folks, we hope now you have a better understanding on how to remove the apps from these various devices.