Last Updated on March 19, 2022 by Rashid Hassan
The hotel management field has advanced a lot in terms of technology. As a modern-day hotelier, you need to learn how to take advantage of today’s cutting edge technology. With the help of technology, you can increase efficiency, automate daily operations, save time, reduce costs and errors, which are crucial for this competitive hotel industry.
Are you tired of always making errors in updating pricing across hotel sites and, therefore, ending up in overbooking rooms? Do you want to reduce these errors and maintain a platform that helps you run your hotel business effectively? We will introduce the perfect solution to all your problems – a hotel channel manager.
If you are in the hospitality business, you know that an important part of the revenue management strategy includes good distribution channel management. A channel manager can be of great help, and here are six reasons why!
- 1 1. Integration Capabilities
- 2 2. Provides Time-saving Automation
- 3 3. Real-time, Two-way Connections
- 4 4. Avoid Rate Disparity
- 5 5. Prevent Under/Overbooking Problems
- 6 6. Get More Direct Bookings
- 7 Conclusion
- 8 Related Amazon Products
- 184.108.40.206 OnePlus 108 cm (43 inches) Y Series 4K Ultra HD Smart Android LED TV 43Y1S Pro (Black)
- 220.127.116.11 Mamaearth HydraGel Indian Sunscreen SPF 50, With Aloe Vera & Raspberry, for Sun Protection - 50g
- 18.104.22.168 Mamaearth Rice Day Cream for daily use , With Rice Water & Niacinamide for Glass Skin - 50 g
- 22.214.171.124 boAt Airdopes 141 42H Playtime, Beast Mode ENx Tech, ASAP Charge, IWP, IPX4 Water Resistance, Smooth Touch Controls Bluetooth Truly Wireless in Ear Earbuds with Mic (Bold Black)
- 126.96.36.199 Half Moon 35 L Casual Waterproof Laptop Bag/Backpack for Men Women Boys Girls/Office School College Teens & Students with Rain Cover (18 Inch) (Navy)
- 188.8.131.52 Bodywise Biotin Hair Gummies | No Added Sugar | High Potency Biotin Supplements for Stronger Hair | Reduce Hair fall with Delicious Strawberry Flavoured Gummies | Added Zinc & Multivitamins | 60 Day Pack | 60 Gummies
- 184.108.40.206 Redmi 80 cm (32 inches) Android 11 Series HD Ready Smart LED TV | L32M6-RA/L32M7-RA (Black)
- 220.127.116.11 Man Matters Advance Beard Derma Roller for Men | 540 Micro 0.5mm Titanium Alloy Needles | Beard Health and Development | Stimulates Beard Hair Follicles | Safe, Easy & Effective To Use
- 18.104.22.168 Dashpro Wax Heater | Auto Cut Off Wax Heater For Perfectly Heated Wax | Melt Wax Within Minutes
- 22.214.171.124 Rostock-Study Table Portable Multifunction Laptop Table Lapdesk for Children Bed Foldable Table Work Office Home with Tablet Slot & Cup Holder Bed Study Table(BLACK-CBB33)
1. Integration Capabilities
A channel manager integrates directly with the property management system (PMS), allowing reservations to flow directly into it. This will help communicate real-time rates and availability to the revenue management system (RMS). The automated exchange of information about new bookings between multiple sales channels and the hotel’s reservation system is enabled with integrated capabilities.
A channel manager also integrates as many distribution channels as possible, which allows you to sell rooms on online travel agencies (OTAs), global distribution systems (GDS platforms), metasearch platforms, and more such platforms.
2. Provides Time-saving Automation
If you manually manage the inventory levels and rate distribution tasks, you are bound to make double bookings and delayed updates. You even run the time-consuming risk of delayed rectifications.
With the correct channel manager, you save your hours of manual rates and inventory updates every day. Plus, it even eliminates errors, keeps your data logs updated, maintains control on over-bookings and syncs the inventory and rates.
3. Real-time, Two-way Connections
Optimal connectivity is necessary, and it is better for your hotel if your channel manager can receive and transmit your inventory in real-time. Another great advantage is when your channel manager can integrate directly with your PMS and allow reservations to flow directly into it.
A channel manager is able to update prices and availability within a bit of time to avoid double bookings.
4. Avoid Rate Disparity
A channel manager is designed in a way that if you change the price rate, it will automatically update the modification across all platforms in real-time and reduce the probability of any errors.
Through a channel manager, you are able to maintain rate parity and improve your hotel’s online reputation.
5. Prevent Under/Overbooking Problems
With a channel manager, your inventory is updated across all channels of your hotel, hence providing you with real-time information on room availability. This prevents overbooking and double-booking.
Because of uneven distribution, there is a possibility that you do not use the inventory to the fullest and end up under-booking. This problem is also avoided with the help of a channel manager.
6. Get More Direct Bookings
OTAs are great for helping hoteliers and property owners to get new potential guests by offering added reach and effective marketing tactics. Even though OTAs are a cheap and substantial source for acquiring new guests, your return guests are the most profitable if they come back to you directly.
A channel manager will help you create property awareness in big, small, broad, and niche marketplaces without making you worry about any errors or overbooking.
Throw your worries out of the window by avoiding errors, overbooking, underbooking and double-booking with a reputed channel manager. When you let a channel manager come into the scene, you will save your time and avoid losing major profits for your hotel business.
Are you going to be the modern tech-savvy hotelier or an outdated worried one? The choice is yours!