Last Updated on August 27, 2022 by Rashid Hassan
Have you ever been printing a document on your HP printer when a pop-up notice stating “HP Printer is Offline” appears on your screen? We are aware that the situation is a little annoying right now. You make numerous tries to get it to operate again but are unsuccessful. It is a common issue that affects printers. And while it is not difficult, it can be a little complicated to HP Printer Offline Fix. You can quickly solve your problem by using the troubleshooting techniques described in this blog. You will also learn the causes of your Printer Offline problem.
- 1 Reasons Your HP Printer is Offline?
- 2 Solutions For Offline Hp Printer
- 3 Related Amazon Products
Reasons Your HP Printer is Offline?
Due to several internal errors or malfunctions, your HP Printer is Offline displays. We mentioned these issues with the following points.
- An outdated set of printer drivers may be at blame.
- when a good connection between the computer and printer cannot be made.
- because to incorrect Windows settings.
- when you remove the system’s default HP printer.
- incorrect printer configurations
- when the HP Printer is not selected as the default.
- Printer connection being blocked by antivirus software.
- printers and computers to access the internet or WiFi.
The aforementioned are key reasons why you can’t print from your HP Printer and it’s offline. With the troubleshooting techniques in the section that follows, we will now assist you in resolving the problem.
See Also How to Setup Canon tr4500 Printer?
Solutions For Offline Hp Printer
You can try the fixes we’ll show you in this section if your HP Printer refuses to go online. Finding the root cause is the most difficult aspect; fixing the Printer offline problem is not difficult. For the reasons we listed above, the printer may be down. Therefore, we will try every remedy to identify the HP Printer’s problem. then let’s begin;
Solution 1: Check network connectivity
For the HP Printer Offline Fix Method, it is the initial step. Always verify your network connection if an HP printer is offline. When we occasionally look for the primary clause, the internet is always the problem. Therefore, it is essential to verify that the WiFi network or internet lines are securely linked to the printer. Following these steps will allow you to check the connection:
- Take a look at the USB connection cord that connects the computer to the printer.
- Examine the power cord for your HP printer.
- Ensure that your computer and a wireless printer are both linked to the same WiFi network.
- Check for any loose computer and printer cords.
See Also How To Correct The HP Ink Cartridge Error?
Solution 2: Run HP Print & Scan Doctor
Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility if the network is operating normally and the connection is set up correctly but you are still experiencing HP Printer Offline issues. It was primarily created to identify offline problems. Now, adhere to the measures to effectively fix the issue:
- Get started by downloading and installing the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool.
- Once the file has been downloaded, go to the location and run HPPSdr.exe in Administrator Mode.
- The Print and Scan Doctor application will now be installed when you click Run.
- After that, click Yes to affirm that you want to trust the file source.
- In this step, select your printer that displays the HP Printer Offline error by clicking Start.
- Restart the printer and select Retry from the Print & Scan Doctor if you can’t find your printer in the list.
- The program will now check for connectivity issues.
- Follow the instructions, and when asked to enable printer updates, select Yes.
- If you want to establish this HP Printer as your default printer, continue with the instructions and select Yes.
See Also How To Correct The HP Ink Cartridge Error?
Solution 3: Manually set the default printer
Your printer can be manually set as the default printer. You can use it to resolve the HP Printer Offline problem. Similar to how the default document will appear and start the print when you command to print a document. Consequently, you must take the following actions to set the Printer to default:
- To start with, utilize the Search Box or Cortana to access Devices.
- Select the Printers & Scanners option next.
- Make sure the checkbox labeled “Let Windows Manage My Default Printer” is not selected now. If the checkbox is already checked, click it.
- Select your Printer from the list after that.
- Select the version that shows the online or idle status if your printer is detailed more than once.
- Next, select Set as Default from the Manage menu.
Solution 4: Turn Off The Offline Printing Mode
Sometimes, whether on purpose or by accident, you enable the HP Printer offline mode, which results in a Printer Offline problem. Therefore, disable printer offline mode by taking the following actions to fix the printer issue:
- Go to Windows Start, type Printers & Scanners, and then click on it.
- Next, pick your HP printer.
- After that, select “See What’s Printing” by using the right-click menu on your HP printer.
- Afterward, select the Printer tab and de-check the box for Use Printer Offline.
- After that, leave the Box.
- Finally, restart your computer, and your printer will now be available online.
See Also How to Fix HP Printer not Printing Color?
Solution 5: Check the status of your Windows services and printer ports
Here, we’ll explain how the Printer uses a WSD port to address the HP Printer Offline problem.
- Open the Control Panel by going to Start or Cortana.
- Select the View Devices and Printers tab after that.
- Next, right-click on the printer you want to use and select Printer Properties.
- Select the Ports tab next, then check to see if the printer is using a WSD port.
If so, proceed with the instructions; otherwise, skip this step and continue with repairing the HP Printer offline problem.
- Search for services by going to Windows Start.
- Scroll and look for Function Discovery Resource Publication and Function Discovery Resource Publication when the Services screen appears.
- Check the Startup and Status columns right now.
- Take the next step if they run on an automatic startup type.
- Click right on the name and select Properties if you see a Blank with Manual Startup type.
- The Start Type should now be changed from Manual to Automatic.
- Then, press the F5 key once again when viewing the Device and Printer panel.
- Review the Status by selecting Your Name Printer.
See Also How to Scan a Document from an HP Printer to a PDF Effectively?
If it now displays the Online status, your HP Printer Offline problem has been fixed. However, print a network configuration report after offline is displayed. Navigate to the printer’s Wireless or Settings menu.
- Select Printer Properties>>Ports tab by clicking right on your name’s printer.
- Next, select Add Port, then Standard TCP/IP Port, and finally New Port.
- Now add another port using the Network Configuration Report; a hostname is required.
- After that, press F5 once more while seeing the Devices and Printers panel.
- Finally, check the status of the printer by clicking on it.
- Your problem is solved if the status is displayed online.
One thought on “How to Fix HP Printer Is Offline Problem?”
[…] See Also How to Fix HP Printer Is Offline Problem? […]