Last Updated on April 29, 2022 by Rashid Hassan
Do you want your videos to go viral? Of course, yes! It is the desire of most specialists in the audiovisual and marketing world—many dreams of audience growth, community development, and attention that come from viral content.
Why is it important to create videos of this type? Visual communication is very important. Since 2019, the statistics have been very clear. Data states that there are more than 1.9 billion users per month who log into YouTube. Likewise, there is a viewing of 1 billion hours of video on the said network (Newberry & Adame, 2019).
However, there is no single guide to creating content that is visible to everyone. However, knowing some of the most frequently viewed video elements can help you create more engaging, eye-catching, and visible video material.
- 1 What is viral content?
- 2 What makes a video go viral?
- 3 Top 5 Tips for Creating Viral Content
- 3.1 Think outside the box
- 3.2 Keep up with current trends
- 3.3 If soon
- 3.4 Evoke emotions
- 3.5 Tell stories
- 22.214.171.124 iQOO Z6 44W (Lumina Blue, 4GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | 44W FlashCharge + 5000mAh Battery | FHD+ AMOLED Display | in-Display Fingerprint
- 126.96.36.199 boAt Rockerz 255 Pro+ Upto 40 Hours Playback, ASAP Charge, IPX7, Dual Pairing and v5.0 Bluetooth Wireless in Ear Earphones with Mic (Active Black)
- 188.8.131.52 boAt Airdopes 121v2 True Wireless Earbuds with Upto 14 Hours Playback, 8MM Drivers, Battery Indicators, Lightweight Earbuds & Multifunction Controls(Active Black)
- 184.108.40.206 Velbiom Bonatona Probiotic Gummies | For effective digestion, Easy bowel movement & Lasting Immunity | Clinically proven & US FDA approved | Orange & Kaccha mango flavor| For kids & adults | Formulated by Doctors | 30 Gummies
- 220.127.116.11 Greencure Posture Corrector for Women | Back Support Belt for Back Pain, Posture Belt & Shoulder Belt for Women | Back Straight Belt & Posture Corrector Belt, Back Posture Corrector for Women (1 Unit)
- 18.104.22.168 pTron Bassbuds Duo in-Ear Earbuds with 32Hrs Total Playtime, Bluetooth 5.1 Wireless Headphones, Stereo Audio, Touch Control TWS, Dual Mic, Type-C Fast Charging, IPX4 & Voice Assistance (Black)
- 22.214.171.124 HP 15s, 11th Gen Intel Core i3, 8GB RAM/512GB SSD 15.6-inch(39.6 cm) FHD, Micro-Edge, Anti-Glare Display/Alexa Built-in/Win 11/Intel UHD Graphics/Dual Speakers/ MS Office 2021/1.69 Kg, 15s-fq2673TU
- 126.96.36.199 HP v236w 64GB USB 2.0 Pen Drive
- 188.8.131.52 Fire-Boltt India's No 1 Smartwatch Brand Talk 2 Bluetooth Calling Smartwatch with Dual Button, Hands On Voice Assistance, 60 Sports Modes, in Built Mic & Speaker with IP68 Rating
- 184.108.40.206 The Man Company Blanc Perfume Rakhi Gift for Brother - 120ml | Premium Luxury Long lasting Fragrance Spray | No Gas Deodorant for Men | Rakshabandhan Gift for Brother
Before we dive into how to create viral content, it’s probably best to first define what this means. This concept is based on viral marketing, which aims to create interest, visual impact, and, of course, potential purchases. The messages issued spread like a “virus,” that is, quickly from person to person (Fraile, 2021).
Such information reaches a large audience unusually quickly in comments, likes, and shares. However, what does it mean to create a video that becomes viral content? What is the best way to ensure that the largest possible audience sees your video?
Did you know that more than 300 hours of videos are uploaded to YouTube every minute? As you will see, this represents a great challenge for viewers to see your video. Therefore, the marketing specialist and the audiovisual director want to know the key to being among the privileged.
The stronger the emotions that the content arouses, the more likely viewers will share it with their circles of friends. And it is through this act of sharing that a video becomes popular. There are three things that can generate thousands (or millions) of actions on social networks:
Viewers are eager to see content that introduces something new and encourages them to dig deeper. If you’re wondering how to get viral content, the answer is: to bring something new to the table. Internet users recognize their creativity and express their appreciation by viewing and sharing the video.
If your video or any other audiovisual content fills the gap in the knowledge of the customers, they will be motivated to share it so that other people can also learn something new.
Your content has to trigger emotions in people so that they feel compelled to help in its viral spread. In fact, emotions are the number one factor that contributes to audiovisual material spreading like wildfire on the Internet. A study revealed that the top ten emotions that are most likely to go viral are (Fractl, 2019):
Top 5 Tips for Creating Viral Content
Think outside the box
It is the first step in creating creative videos that you want to go viral. Over the years, brands have noticed that this type of material is the most effective way to attract the target audience and promote their products or services. So to get attention, you have to create something that hasn’t been seen before.
You should know that you only have a few seconds to capture and hold the attention of Internet users. So you have to catch them right away if you want them to make it to the end of your video. Consider what kind of message you mean to send and who is your target audience. Then look for the most creative way to present that information to your audience.
For example, in 2021, the “Save Ralph” campaign was one of the most viral contents of the year. It was something totally innovative to raise awareness about animal abuse. It was a humanized rabbit manipulated as a “guinea pig” for products that would later be used on people.
Be specific and unique, and you’ll be one step closer to creating a viral video!
Keep up with current trends
As you come up with ideas for your next viral content, it can be helpful to research current trends on the Internet. Check streaming apps or OTT services (over-the-air services). See what viewers are talking about. Think if there is a challenge that your brand can participate in, and start making your video! You may learn how to make viral content during this process.
Just to give you some ideas, we will mention “The Squid Game.” Many personal brands, companies, and influencers have made videos based on this famous Netflix series to have viral content, and they have succeeded.
Viral content is usually short, from a few seconds to a couple of minutes. Since videos often go viral on social media, short-form content is the best solution.
While browsing their social media feeds, customers come across a wide range of videos. Your content has to cut through the noise and grab their attention. If it is brief and effective, it will surely do it.
In most cases, content goes viral because it provokes emotions. Users will share videos with their family and friends because they have a reaction. Getting people to feel humor, positivity, compassion, or other happy feelings is a surefire way to generate viral content.
Do you want a sample? Take a look at this video from Extra Gum, with the love story of how Juan made Sarah fall in love with some drawings on gum wrappers. Your emotions will go on a roller coaster. The announcements were moving, and the feelings of the public were organic and real.
It is absolutely insane that most content creators and agencies fall for the sales content trap. So our final tip for creating viral content is to genuinely tell a story and forget about selling. It is important that you generate emotion in what is transmitted in the video.
For a beautiful example of creating stories, check out this Gatorade video with soccer star Lionel Messi. Finally, we can tell you that after creating your viral content, it is important that you think about where to share it. Logically the website is ideal; however, it will always require a little help from social media. And let the creativity begin!