Last Updated on March 19, 2022 by Rashid Hassan
I have been playing esports for the last 5 years. It was started for entertainment purposes but later my interest converted me into a professional esports player. It was started from the game Counter-Strike: Condition Zero. Later many games came out like mini militia, DOTA, Free Fire, PUBG, etc. I have personally felt that In previous years technology changed the experience of esports and video gaming.
Technology is improving video games and esports enterprises for businesses and players. Now IoT is the technology used in esports. When we talk about the next big thing in the esports industry, the IoT name always comes at the top.
See Also The AWS Cloud Basics For Beginners
- 1 What is IoT (Internet of Things)?
- 2 What is Esports?
- 3 5 Things How IoT impacts the Esports Industry?
- 4 5 Applications of IoT in the Esports Industry
- 5 Related Amazon Products
- 220.127.116.11 RESONATE RouterUPS | CRU12V2A|Router UPS | Upto 4 Hours Power Backup for Wi-Fi |Modem| FTTH| ONT|ONU| CCTV| Mini UPS|Alexa| Set-top Box|Home Camera
- 18.104.22.168 Tecno Spark 8 Pro (Interstellar Black,7GB Expandable RAM, 64GB Storage) 33W Fast Charger | Helio G85 Gaming Processor | 6.8" FHD+Dot-in Display | 48MP Triple Camera
- 22.214.171.124 Redmi Note 11 (Space Black, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage)|90Hz FHD+ AMOLED Display | Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 680-6nm | Alexa Built-in | 33W Charger Included
- 126.96.36.199 STRIFF Adjustable Laptop Stand Patented Riser Ventilated Portable Foldable Compatible with MacBook Notebook Tablet Tray Desk Table Book with Free Phone Stand(Black)
- 188.8.131.52 iQOO Z6 5G (Chromatic Blue, 4GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | Snapdragon 695-6nm Processor | 120Hz FHD+ Display | 5000mAh Battery | Travel Adapter to be Purchased Separately | Extra Rs.1000 Off on Exchange
- 184.108.40.206 Sounce Super VOOC/Superdart Type-C 7 Pin Data Sync Fast Charging Cable Compatible for Realme Phones Upto 6.5Amp
- 220.127.116.11 X88 Pro® 5 in 1 Gadgets and Keyboard Cleaner Cleaning Soft Brush Multi-Function Computer Cleaning Tools Kit Corner Gap Duster Keycap Puller for Bluetooth Earphones Lego Laptop Air-pods Pro Camera Lens
- 18.104.22.168 INDIGENOUS HONEY Raw Organic Honey NMR Tested NPOP Organic Certified Pure Natural Unprocessed Original Honey - 530 g Glass Jar (Pack of 1)
- 22.214.171.124 GHAR SOAPS ICE ROLLER
- 126.96.36.199 pTron Tangent Urban ENC Wireless Bluetooth 5.3 Headphones with 60Hrs Playtime, Low Latency Gaming, Punchy Bass, HD Mic, Dual Device Pairing, Type-C Charging, IPX4 & Voice Assistance Support (Blue)
What is IoT (Internet of Things)?
The internet of things is a physical object. This object consists of things. In things like embedded with sensors, software, and other technologies. The purpose of connecting and exchanging data with other devices and systems over the internet. According to research, there are 7 billion IoT technology-connected devices around the world. This will grow to 22 billion by 2025.
What is Esports?
Esports is a form of video game where the world of competitive, organized video gaming is involved. Mainly competitive games like counter strike, call of duty, Fortnite, league of legends, Overwatch, and Madden NFL come in esports. In these games, players fight with each other individually or in a team. These games are watched worldwide over the internet on TV channels all over the world. People support their favorite players to win.
5 Things How IoT impacts the Esports Industry?
Technology impacts our both social and professional lives. The entire esports industry is completely transformed by IoT Technology with the help of wireless earphones, data visualization, etc. here we are sharing 5 Things about How IoT technology impacts the Esports Industry?
Combining advanced analytics with sensors and game video, coaches can easily process vast amounts of data to obtain metrics on player efficiency, player performance, and opponent weaknesses to better develop an in-game strategy.
Combining multiple data sources with advanced analytics allows coaches to easily process vast amounts of data and act in real-time.
IoT is shaping the way that sports physicians, physical therapists, and team doctors are reducing injuries and helping players heal faster. Embedded devices such as smart insoles and built-in chips give teams an abundance of data that helps keep players healthy and fit. Embedded sensors offer real-time tracking that provides a holistic view of the athlete, allowing organizations to make the best decision for their longevity and health
The stadium of the future is here, allowing fans to engage with their favorite teams and athletes like never before. Many organizations are investing billions of dollars in new stadiums—the game itself is only a small part of the main attraction. Organizations are placing stadiums at the center of the fan experience in order to get fans off the couch and into the venue.
With the help of IoT technology, esports gaming gadgets are designed like earphones, tv screens, microphones, etc. these devices are used while playing games or streaming live over the internet.
Research & Development
Research and development are some of the main important parts of esports gaming. Wherefrom the players to esports organizations and game development companies used IoT technology. Data is saved with the help of IoT and the main results can be measured at the time of R&D.
See Also 4 Must-Have Tools For Small Business
5 Applications of IoT in the Esports Industry
There are various ways IoT technology impacts esports and beneficiary for esports. However, the esports gaming industry is more user-friendly and versatile in various terms like graphics, categories, and a number of players. This is just because it is facilitated by gaming devices as well as smartphones.
Here we are going to discuss IoT applications in sports.
Role of mobile phones
Nowadays, mobile phones are one of the necessities for everyone. Have you seen a mobile phone with keypads or an older version? Those mobile phones are not having Bluetooth connectivity, GPS tracking, Voice assistance, and wireless connectivity.
The next big thing in esports is mobile phones with better connectivity. Mobile phones are fully loaded with IoT technology which makes access to games. IoT technology is used in mobile phones in sensors, cameras, mics, and speakers of the phones. Also, mobile phones are not as expensive as PSPs, Xbox, and other gaming devices.
IoT technology is used in esports to make games social. This means that you can connect with people while playing the games. You can chat with your friends. You can voice chat also. Apart from that, you can create your own server where you and your friends can play together. This is possible just because of IoT technology in gaming .
Gamifying Non-Gaming Activities
IoT technology is transforming no gaming activities into gaming activities. The biggest advantage of games looking for IoT technology is that the games are not only for fun and entertainment. But now games are used for education, health and training purposes.
Versatility of Games
The online gaming community becomes more versatile just because of the IoT technology. IoT technology offers various kinds of games. Nowadays many games are present like Cricket, FIFA, Tennis, and football can be played. Also, there is a wide range of games like Ludo, Chess, Pokemon Go, etc are all present in such a way that they can be played by people calling their friends and family on board.